Saturday 24 December 2011

Day Twenty Two - Christmas Eve

We awoke to 11cm of fresh powder today, and it was still falling. Glorious. And they predict that there will be much more snow over the weekend!  Sam and I had decided that we were going to go up to Mid-station and I was going to teach her the basics of skiing. We were going to get her on my short skis while I tried out my long skis. Whistler wouldn't let her use the short ones due to the fresh powder that was falling, but they did give her pretty much free rental of her skis, poles and a helmet. She did really well - skiing straight down parallel without too much fear at all. We ended up skiing longer than anticipated, finishing at 2pm! Skiing on long skis for me will be impossible while my foot is still so weak, but at least I can say that I got on them. I have a feeling it will take me back to beginner stage, but I look forward to learning on them!  We went back to Sam and Ian's, had showers and went down and called Mum, Nan-Nan and Ken from the lobby - so great talking to them on their christmas morning. We went back upstairs and finished getting changed and went and met Leigh and Cory at 'Earls' - a couple of drinks and a delicious dinner - oh my god - the Chicken and Brie sandwich, is out of this world delicious. We then headed to the liquor store and grabbed drinks and headed to out apartment crawl - Ress/Ant's apartment, followed by Sam and Ian's, ending at Terry and Leslie's. Too much transpired to write! We skyped with Craig's Grandma, and Wendy and Phil, and talked to my Dad on the phone. After the apartment parties wrapped up, we went for a walk up to the village and then ended the night, at around 2.30am! Phew.



Ress, Anthony and Rach

On the phone to Mum


Sound of Music on TV!

Tom as 'The Gatekeeper'



Skyping the Moynihans





Skyping with the Smiths (and Niemeyers)

No comments:

Post a Comment