Sunday 4 December 2011

Day Two - X-mas Trees and an accidental location spot

'Nutters Feed' - Pemberton
So - I went to bed last night at 7.30pm (I finally got to wear my onesie that mum bought me from Primark last year) and Craig managed to come to bed quite late. Impressive. We woke up and it was almost lunch time. Yeah. Our room at Leigh and Cory's is dark. It was glorious sleeping in and getting rid of our jetlag, and waking up at lunch time and being ready to shove a beautiful 'Mile One' Hamburger down our throats. Lucky for us, we were going to drive up through Pemberton to cut down a Christmas Tree for the house. The  drive up to Pemby is just gorgeous - huge mountains, vast frozen lakes and snow covered fur trees for as far as the eyes can see. Getting out into the fresh air to walk around the gorgeous pioneer town of Pemberton was great. If we have time I definitely want to go back up there for dinner. Well worth the trip. Their burgers are all made from the best local produce, and their buns were even made from their famous 'Pemberton Potatoes'. Hands down, this is probably the best burger I have ever had in my life. Craig even ordered the Canadian tradition 'Poutine' which was potatoes, gravy and cheese curd. Frigging delicious. Next, we hopped back in the car and drove north to an area below the large power lines, and seeked out the best tree that we could find, cut it down, tied it up, and popped it in the trunk and drove back down to Whistler. On the way - lo and behold, I saw an X-Files I Want To Believe location - while I knew we were going to see them, I wasn't going to seek them out unless we happened on them. We happened on this one. Philes will recognise this spot as 'Nutters Feed' - The moment I saw it, I was like 'OMG X-Files LOCATION'. Hopped out, took a couple of photos, and then jumped back in the car and drove down to the lake we saw on the way up, and got the chance to run around on a frozen lake.  Nope. Never thought we would get the opportunity to run around and do that. It was awesome. Slippery as hell. Watching young guys skating around on the lake playing hockey - coolest thing over. :-) Then drove down to the grocery store at Nesters, grabbed some ribs for dinner tonight - coz yeah, the Canucks are playing Calgary.  We grabbed some booze, and now, I'm sat here in my Canucks shirt ready to cheer on the home team. Another brilliant day. Headed up the hill tomorrow for some sightseeing and skiing. Yep. I am going to ski a 13km run tomorrow.

Yep, accidental location spot. 'Nutters Feed'

Pemberton - Cutest town ever

Craig sliding on the frozen lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment